Friday, May 20, 2011

Purple means I Love You

At least, that's what it means to my mom.

Her favourite colour is purple.  So in anticipation of her visit here, my brother and I painted our spare room a very delicate, pale lilac - which incidentally is also her favourite flower.  What perfect timing that it blooms around the same time as Mother's Day.


This spring, we haven't been getting that much sun, so the lilacs were a little late.  But it's still perfect timing because Mom is arriving today, just when all the neighbourhood lilac trees are finally coming into bloom.


In fact there's a spray in a vase by her bed waiting for her.

I found these great frames at Home Sense.  The photos are ones I took last summer in Quebec. 

New shopping bag, all ready to go!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails