Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cold nights, hot toddies

Fall has set in with a vengeance, and along with the chilly weather has come its nasty little sister, Miss Sniffles.

To fight them both off last night, I cracked open the bottle of Sortilège that my parents brought me from Quebec last spring. 


I'm not much of a whisky drinker and don't intend to start being one, but I have to say that a hot toddy made from this liquid gold, along with my other favourite golden things (honey and lemon) is just the thing you want to cradle in your hands and sip on cold nights.  

I've long heard that a hot toddy is the fail-safe remedy for colds, and now I know it's true.  This morning I bounced out of bed feeling brand-new, my itchy throat and stuffy nose gone the way of ghosties and ghoulies and things that go bump in the night. 

Slaintheva!

HOT TODDY

1 tablespoon honey
1 ounce whisky
1 lemon wedge
1 cup boiling water

Mix everything in a mug or Irish coffee cup and drink up!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails