Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas from Maria's Dinner Table


I just hosted my first-ever Christmas lunch. We started with homemade lox (cured salmon) and a selection of Quebec cheeses, followed by Cornish game hen and roasted vegetables.





My cousin Monica contributed her specialty crème brûlée for dessert.


The late Rev. Joseph Galdon, SJ said it best: "From the earliest times, the custom of breaking bread together has been symbolic of sharing and accepting and loving one another. A 'companion' is one with whom we eat bread (cum panis)...to eat together is to love."

One of the things I love most about Christmas is bringing out some well-loved family treasures, like my grandmother's silver, and the ceramic Nativity set my parents got in Mexico years ago.

From my family to yours, a happy and blessed Christmas!

Photo credits: rizalvaro

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails